Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Bacon and Eggs

Doctors and cholesterol take the backseat, I do enjoy bacon and eggs for breakfast. It is a guilty pleasure. Now however I have more appreciation for the meal.

It requires both pigs and chickens to make bacon and eggs. But it does not require the same of each. The chicken contributes eggs to the meal. The pig however is totally committed to the bacon; it requires complete sacrifice.

Well in the past, I have been the chicken. I chose to attend a seminary in my home town. Life was disrupted and income affected, however it could return to a semblance of normal if it did not work out. Yes, like the chicken I was only contributing to my seminary education and theological formation.

Well now pigs can fly. And this pig has flown the coupe to go to Alexandria VA. The house is sold, the boxes and bags are packed. The entire family is making a new home and new friends in a new state and new town. My seminary education is continuing in a way best described as being totally committed. Life can no longer return to the previous normal.

I have become as committed to my calling as the pig is committed to bacon.

I have my wife and son to thank for allowing me to be this committed without being led to slaughter.

Peace,

No comments:

Post a Comment